[HCoop-Discuss] Wiki pages, spam hassle, members data and more...

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Feb 20 19:55:41 EST 2008

There is a lot to this message, making it somewhat overwhelming, so I'm
not surprised that no one has replied yet. I'll throw in some answers:

Steve Taylor wrote:
> Can hcoop members add wiki pages?

Yes. Anyone, HCoop member or not, can add and edit wiki pages. The wiki
should make it clear from the front page how to do this.

> Can we establish consistent names
> and or wiki sections for
> - Discussion sub-pages
> - Member's Domtool config, other config that are publicly viewable
>   - emacs, domtool, wordpress, mysql
> - Features members would like to see added (/removed)

Sure, but it doesn't yet seem to me to be a pressing need. Feel free to
create any of these kinds of pages as you want them; we can always
rearrange later.

> To reduce the spam hassle can we have
> - an established system like pre-made filters a user can copy, put in
>   ~/.forward to separate hcoop list mail from the spam
>   - e.g. send hcoop list mail to address 1, other to address 2
>   - allow address 2 to be the webmail interface but make it clear that
>     mail older than 30 days, and overflow, will be discarded forever

I believe that there is already a pre-made SpamAssassin filter,
reachable on our wiki through what I think of as an intuitive path. It
doesn't do this separation of hcoop.net vs. other mail, but I'm still
suspicious of the need to do that, since SpamAssassin filters out spam
quite well.

> Portal Members data:
>        should include mailing address and other contacts
>        Question: should it include a member's Nick (alias) on Freenode #hcoop

IRC nick is a good idea which I should add soon.