[HCoop-Discuss] Cracking down on negative balances

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Tue Feb 19 06:06:00 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 08:01:44PM -0800, Michael Potter wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 18:55 -0500, docelic wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > A member should only be concerned with whether HCoop is fulfilling his
> > technical needs. (All other good aspects of HCoop being extra pluses, of
> > course).
>
> I don't think it's up to you to decide what concerns members SHOULD
> have. In any case, it's unlikely 100+ members will have the same needs
> and goals.

I am not trying to control what your or other members' goals and needs are
(I hope that was obvious from my post).

My point was that asking other members to make one 'feel welcome' or offer
other forms of mom-style reassurance is not something that can be relied on,
or officially complained about upon not receiving. (My stance on the issue).

Also, every person allowing himself to leave HCoop because of a (real or
imagined) conflict with another member is just being unreasonable.
Demanding that every one of 120-or-so members "like them" and additionally
prove that through not disagreeing, is again not something that can be
counted on, and when attempted, will most likely fail.

> Some have left because they couldn't play games and usurp power, maybe
> they thought a co-op would be an easy conquest, who knows. This kind of
> stability in the face of aggression is desirable. However, I think
> others have left because of the "our way or the highway" approach John
> mentioned. I personally find it very frustrating.

Then those cases need to be examined; it would be a waste of time to
dig through the archives now for analysis, but in the future do point
this out if you notice it. I am sure I will be able to provide a real
technical or organizational reason behind all I say, instead of the
perceived ignorant "our way or the highway".

-doc