[HCoop-Discuss] Misconcenptions about the deposit requirement

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Tue Feb 19 04:03:44 EST 2008

> We have required members at a minimum to either to use their hcoop.net
> email or forward to an address they read, and we still have instances
> where members don't do that and had to be tracked down through other
> means.  If a member won't even read their email, how can they be
> expected to provide up-to-date alternate contact information?

You know, about that:
I currently forward all my hcoop emails to my own email address, and I
my hcoop email is a spam bait.
90% of the spam I get is sent to that address.
it's so annoying that I am considering turning off this forwarding.
I don't get _anything_ useful sent to my hcoop email. I am easy enough
to find.
if hcoop isn't already - it should have an option for users to specify a
contact email address and not assume user at hcoop.net will work.

and yes, I do know about spamassasin.