[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic, ntk] Cracking down on negative balances

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Mon Feb 18 18:03:19 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:25:32PM -0500, John T. Settino wrote:
> j.c.hallgren at juno.com wrote:
> > I'm more than willing to pay when needed, and I'm not that hard to
> > contact either, so the chances of not being able to collect from me is
> > pretty slim, (unless I'm incapicitated), thus having to keep $25+
> > total, while not a real hardship, isn't my ideal desire either.

Right. So as Nathan nicely explained in a separate post to this thread,
you will be regularly sent notices *while* your balance is slowly reaching
zero, it will not be an unexpected 1-time event.

As long as you adhere to some established HCoop convention, which
is that you should take the time to read HCoop email at least once
a month, you'll be fine.

We might make it easier for members by sending low balance notictices
with Priority: high in email headers, or using other techniques to
make the important emails stand out.

Also, adamc or Nathan, will the deposit system allow people to pay
more than minimum in advace, so that they can go longer without
checking back onto their balance?