[HCoop-Discuss] Draft data confidentiality policies

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Sat Feb 16 17:16:42 EST 2008

>>> 4. Stored information that is ordinarily accessible to ordinary users is
>>> presumed to be public.
>>>

>> I think we need a distinction between public to ordinary users and
>> public to the world.
>>

> Perhaps, but how would you suggest to define this?  Another level of
> confidentiality, with some duties on members not to disclose
> "public-to-members-but-not-the-world" data?
it's pretty obvious to me and I hope that also to any other member that
it's not ethical to expose information about other members that is
available to me only because I am a member (without permission).
I guess defining it in the privacy policy like you described is the way
to go.

it is a bit hard to define though, lets hear what other are thinking
about this..

    Omry.