[HCoop-Discuss] Draft data confidentiality policies

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Fri Feb 15 20:52:38 EST 2008

ntk wrote:
> I have drafted two complementary policies that I would like comments on,
> that I would like to see develop into something we can pass within the next
> week or two.

First, let me say that it's totally awesome that we have a law student
around to come up with these things. :-)

I've fixed a few of what I took to be typos on the wiki page
    http://wiki.hcoop.net/DraftPrivacyPolicy
but please check the diffs to make sure that I've not created a compile
error in that underspecified programming language that is the law.

I noticed two uses of "they" as a singular pronoun.  I would choose to
use "he," but I understand that that bothers a lot of people.  I suggest
using "he or she" instead as a compromise.  Any objections to making
this our general policy for official HCoop documents?  (Trying to avoid
uses of gender neutral third-person pronouns via larger refactorings is
even better.)

Finally, could we get some other legal eyes over these documents before
giving them stamps of approval?