[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] Mire back up

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Wed Feb 13 10:39:41 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 03:04:05PM +0000, j.c.hallgren at juno.com wrote:
> Well, having read numerous emails on this topic, it seems that I am just plain lucky to have not yet moved my site to mire! Because I'd certainly not have been that pleased with an outage that lasts that long without some way to, as absolute minimum, provide a static customized "We are having problems...come back later" page instead of just a 404 error. In my case, having a complete working site on dual setup wouldn't be as practical, but I'd also not just want my users to think my site is just plain gone either. It seems that we have some hardware that could be used for this purpose, or am I totally wrong?
> And...whatever happened to the move/conversion process? I've been patiently sitting by waiting for the promised aid in moving from fyodor, but haven't heard a peep for about over a month...and in this case, being back on fyodor really had an advantage in this outage so I'm still a happy user!

Hehe, yes in this case :)

As for the move to Mire, no worries, I have that in mind as promised.

Since I did not have much time, and since we're not decomissioning
Fyodor yet (that is, before we obtain a secondary DNS on a different
subnet), I've put the move on hold.

I'll let you know when your site comes to my schedule; that will surely
happen before Fyodor is taken out of service, so everything will be fine.

See ya,
-doc