[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Announce] Mire back up

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Tue Feb 12 19:04:38 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 06:50:15PM -0500, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> P.S.: I still think hiring paid staff should be pretty high on our to-do
> list, and this kind of incident underscores the benefits.  To me, those
> benefits are definitely worth an even share of a reasonable full-time
> sysadmin's salary.

We'll give it another round of discussion. From the last posts
on this subject, I've read mention of hiring students or soething
like that.

I don't see what benefit would paid and unskilled people bring us.

They can't represent hcoop well, they can't perform any admin
tasks, and they can't do a bunch of other useful things. They can
only what - replace Nathan in visits to the Colo? As we improve
our admin procedures, even that will be less needed.