[HCoop-Discuss] domtool and rewrite rules.

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Sat Feb 2 19:55:21 EST 2008

On 2/2/08, docelic <docelic at mire.hcoop.net> wrote:
> In the future, ask sooner.

Heh, funny.  How much sooner? 3 days? a week? a month? a year?  I
posted the .htaccess I was trying to convert like 3 days ago.. Also
asked for help in the chat room..  *shrug*  Good thing this is a
coop.. a response like that would not cut it in the real world.  Sorry
if this offended you.

> You might look at the setups of people who use apache proxyes.
>
> In the meantime, we might take on Adam's thread of introducing
> changes to support this more straightforwardly.

I think a standard rewrite option should be supported.   Trust your
users to do the right thing, do just assume they will take down the
server every change they get.  I've been a network admin for 13 years
now, and never have run into a NEXT loop in a rewrite rule.  But hey
thats me.

> I am also thinking of starting up a Wiki page with the list of
> our limitations.

This is a GREAT idea.

-Steve

--
Blog - http://www.fratm.com/index.php/User:Fratm
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu