[HCoop-Discuss] domtool and rewrite rules.

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Feb 2 16:14:40 EST 2008

Steve Johnson wrote:
> Yes this helped, but I am having problems with the skip option..
>
> Example:
> rewriteRule "^([a-zA-Z0-9_=+-]+)(/|\.html)$" "index=$1" [last, skip=5]
>
> domtool -tc barfs on the skip=5, and this is a valid rewrite option.
>
> Any ideas?

See the newly updated examples page.

BTW, syntax of Domtool directives is always obvious from their types.
For example, all of the mod_rewrite stuff is typed at:
    http://deleuze.hcoop.net/domtool/mod_rewrite.html

You do need to learn the Domtool language better to figure out the right
syntax from types, but it's well worth doing so if you can manage it.