[HCoop-Discuss] Cables cut [all mideast/south asia members]

Tanveer Singh tanveer at hcoop.net
Sat Feb 2 04:05:04 EST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 1:31 PM, Sajith T S <sajith at hcoop.net> wrote:
> Nathan Kennedy <ntk at hcoop.net> wrote:
>  > Are any of our members in India or the Middle East experience
>  > internet trouble?  From the news I understand that three major
>  > ocean cables have been cut and most connectivity to Europe is gone.
>  > Are you having trouble getting to HCoop?
>  >
>  > I guess if you are you won't see this email.
>
> I'm in India.  This cable cut was in the news here on Friday.
>
> http://www.thehindu.com/2008/02/01/stories/2008020161490100.htm
>
> Admins in my office received an email from the ISP about this.  There
> was little trouble with connectivity as far as I could tell, nothing
> beyond the usual.  No trouble getting to hcoop at all.
>
> Sajith.
Acutally not all ISPs are affected. Some who were rerouted and
connectivity was restored after a few hours. However, I can see my
ping times have increased, and its said that whole of India internet
access is at an efficiency level of 80%.
My ISP has a singpore side cable too, and currently that is being used.
The cable cut was FLAG Telecoms cable, and therefore Reliance, and
VSNL were most severly affected

Tanveer