[HCoop-Discuss] Tax crap

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Fri Feb 1 19:50:59 EST 2008

1. I just filed my own federal tax return and am working on my state
return.  This gave me the opportunity to look over various other tax
developments.

2. I remind Adam and Davor that it looks like we are eligible for a
refund for the $143 in taxes we paid for 2005, and I should file for a
refund soon to avoid losing the chance do to the statute of
limitations.  Please let me know if I can go ahead and prepare that--I
will not file for it without approval.

3. We have been exempt from filing IRS form 990 because our income is
less than $25,000, however according to the IRS website they are
planning on changing this starting this year, and requiring an
"e-postcard" to be filed, basically a small electronic return.  This
would be filed in the beginning of 2009 if the changes are implemented.
I will keep track of those developments.  In any event once our revenue
reaches $25,000 per year we will have to file the full 990 or simplified
990 form.