[HCoop-Discuss] Require explicit privileges to post to the wiki?

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Tue Dec 16 13:19:08 EST 2008

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:
> Integration with our Kerberos user accounts would be even better, but I
> don't know if we could do that without changing wiki software.

Yes; it can be done the same way we do for bugzilla.

However, we would wind up with the same problem as bugzilla where you
can't get read/view without authenticating -- MoinMoin doesn't have a
separate "login" URL.

The root issue here is that if you protect an URL with "basic http
authentication" in Apache, the authentication is mandatory.  Does
anybody know how to tell Apache to ask for authentication when
accessing a given URL, but not to report an error if the user declines
to authenticate?

  - a