[HCoop-Discuss] My hats

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Sep 17 20:37:33 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: "Nathan Kennedy" <ntk at hcoop.net>

>I hope that we can focus on creating a more positive
atmosphere for all of our volunteers and improving the co-op and its
services.  It was not the "threats" of banishing me that "got me to
respond," it was an email to my inbox.  Let's move past this.

Sounds good to me.  I only didn't e-mail you directly from the start because I thought we had agreed you would read list messages with your name in their subject lines as though they were addressed only to you.  I don't want to pursue this as a "who was right and who was wrong?" issue; let's just be glad that we agree now on the protocol, and hopefully you can understand why I concluded that you were unresponsive.

I feel that, for all the talk of bullying here, I'm the one who's really being subjected to it.  I never belittled ntk about anything; I just stated the facts in an effort to figure out what's right for the co-op.  I don't recall ever giving anyone negative feedback on our mailing lists before, and I _do_ recall giving positive feedback regularly on these lists and IRC.  I think those posters claiming this one misunderstanding as evidence that I am unable to manage effectively just aren't going on the facts

Now, hopefully my explanation of why I didn't send ntk a direct e-mail can satisfy everyone, my past writings can be revisited as though ntk really had been 100% unresponsive (for evaluating whether I was really "browbeating" or "belittling" anyone), and we can move on.