[HCoop-Discuss] My hats

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Mon Sep 17 13:51:48 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 08:06:33AM -0400, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> Again, "browbeating" is an emotionally-motivated activity, and I
> haven't engaged in it.  I made an offhand, parenthetical remark
> based on facts that I thought everyone agreed on.  The musing on
> what those facts implied needed to be done was my own, contestable
> opinion.  This thread has drawn out to look like my relishing
> posting diatribe after diabtribe of an anti-ntk nature because
> people keep accusing me of lying about the facts or exaggerating the
> importance of following the rules that ntk broke.

Maybe we need to step back here. It's not just what Nathan didn't do,
it's why.

Bullying always starts with one person giving another a hard time,
then the target begins to perform poorly because they are getting
hacked-on, criticized, demeaned, devalued, etc. Then others join in,
inexplicably ALWAYS siding with the aggressor, and the target is
inevitably driven out. Sound crazy? It IS crazy, but it happens all
the time and it's happening right here right now.

So, who was the initial aggressor here? Who was giving Nathan a hard
time first? I have my ideas but I'll leave it to you to think it over
(hint: I don't think it's you.)

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net