[HCoop-Discuss] My hats

Franklin Gordon Bynum frank at hcoop.net
Mon Sep 17 02:38:39 EDT 2007

On 09/16/2007 07:44:55 PM, Michael Potter wrote:
> You went from a grain of truth, that Nathan said he would be
> somewhere
> and then didn't show up, to claiming that he has been generally
> derelict in all his duties and that therefore he should be voted
> out.

This is not true.  I was in New York and tried for
a week to meet with ntk.  I offered to go anywhere in the city at any
time, and calls to my cell phone were answered immediately or answered
within a few hours.  At one point, he committed to go to the center at
"3 pm Saturday" and mwolson agreed to be online at this time.  Three
came and went, and ntk showed up late in the afternoon after not
returning several of my phone calls that day.  And, if I remember
correctly, on that trip he didn't even do what was asked of him based
upon the detailed list of instructions that mwolson prepared.

I count at least two "rushed" trips to Peer1, when he did subpar work
at a time different than was agreed upon in advance.  In fact, I can't
remember one time recently that ntk was on time to do anything at
Peer1, and I subscribe to the sysadmin list and read every message.
Mire was in trouble, we needed his help, and it took much longer than
necessary.

I don't want to get into a protracted argument about what happened in
the past at the expense of a discussion about how to proceed in the
future.  But, Michael, you've got your facts wrong on this one.  Give
it up.

Again, I like ntk.  This is nothing personal.  But to pretend that
nothing is wrong with his availability lately, or to suggest that we're
on some sort of crusade here is patently ridiculous.