[HCoop-Discuss] My hats

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Sun Sep 16 23:20:22 EDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 05:57:45PM -0700, Franklin Gordon Bynum wrote:
> On 09/16/2007 05:19:36 PM, Michael Potter wrote:
> > the mob mentality, which is what I felt I was seeing with reference
> > to ntk, is not rational proof of anything save a push to oust
> > someone.
>
> No group can function when any widely-held agreement is dismissed as
> being the product of some nefarious "mob mentality."  I find AdamC's
> original comment and the conversation that followed to be tempered and
> reasonable.
>
> I am a member who dealt firsthand with ntk's recent lack of
> availability-- more on that another time-- and now I am pretty soberly
> assessing his ability to serve the coop now and in the future.  I find
> his defensiveness disappointing and too retrospective; we need to be
> looking forward and fashioning solutions to past problems.

I don't think there are more than 5 people who really want to get rid
of Nathan, considering the total number of members I'd say calling
that "widely-held" is a stretch. I waited through the delays along
with everyone else but I don't want to railroad anyone. I find the odd
insistence by a few that he is somehow not acceptable any more
baffling.

I'm not a contentious person, so why am I being so adamant about this?
Because I know an organization that allows one person to be ganged-up
on will not be safe for anyone again. And it will not be a co-op, no
matter what the web page says.

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net