[HCoop-Discuss] My hats

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sun Sep 16 11:51:42 EDT 2007

> I feel like I need to repeat this same general schpiel again: Everything
> I'm writing has only to do with the co-op's future well-being.  If any
> problems are ironed out already, then I'm satisfied.  For some people,
> writing what I wrote would be meant as a personal attack.  Not so for me;
> I never use extended figurative language or innuendos on these lists.
>
> To justify my seriousness, I can only say that I and several admins have
> become _extremely_ frustrated trying to coordinate with ntk recently, to
> the point of ALL-CAPS SHOUTING on IRC and in private e-mail.  I consider a
> volunteer's communication regime independently of the hats he wears, hence
> my written doubts about ntk as a board member.  Since we volunteers aren't
> robots, shared frustration alone is a conclusive sign of a problem.

I think you are exaggerating.  I certainly can't find anything policy or
board-related other than your most recent emails about "Admin response
time policy" which you sent out only on Thursday, two hours _after_ you
sent an "extended away" email.

What I do find is a lot of griping on your part buried in emails in
hcoop-sysadmin that were neither CCed to me, did not have [ntk] in the
subject, and had subjects regarding sysadmin-related tasks.

If someone was really that upset that I did not go downtown to reboot mire
the last time, then someone should have at least called me.

In any event, from here on out I'm going to make additional effort to keep
up with -sysadmin, have emails with NTK in the subject forwarded to my
inbox and flagged, and I've got wireless on my laptop now so that I can
check in from school now, so I should be doing better with the "hardware
gofer" hat, although playing pro bono EMT to mire will remain second
fiddle to making sure I don't screw up law school.