[HCoop-Discuss] SSL Certificate changed for mire and deleuze today

Michael Olson mwolson at hcoop.net
Sat Nov 17 19:55:20 EST 2007

I've made new SSL certificates for Apache on both deleuze and mire,
which were generating my making our own Certificate Authority.  The same
CA was also used to make our SSL IMAP and SSL POP3 certificates.  The
certificate for said authority is at http://deleuze.hcoop.net/ca/ca.crt.

I'm looking for some advice from the SSL gurus on this list, regarding
whether it would be a sane thing to allow members to get SSL
certificates for their own websites which are signed by that key.
Further, I'm not sure how visible to make the link to our CA cert on the
wiki.  For now I'm being cautious and not recommending its use one way
or the other.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |