[HCoop-Discuss] Services Up on the New Servers?

Aaron Hsu aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net
Tue May 29 04:46:14 EDT 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007 11:00:00 +0800, Michael Olson <mwolson at hcoop.net>
wrote:

> "Aaron Hsu" <aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net> writes:
>
>> I have set up an account, and I have been able to log in successfully
>> via SSH. However, I am having a few problems understand or knowing how
>> to access or use the other services. In the e-mail sent out a while
>> back, I received instructions on how to configure AFS, but not on the
>> usage of mail and http. Specifically, how to get POP3 mail from the
>> new servers.  And since all my http services are hosted on domains,
>> I'll just wait until the domtool issues are fixed to start testing
>
> I've added the relevant information about POP3 SSL access to
> http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/MigrationTips.  I haven't specifically tested
> POP3, but it has a very good probability of working, since it was less
> complicated to set up than IMAP (and IMAP has been tested).

When I check out deleuze, it seems that port 110 is open, but it doesn't
appear that way when it try to connect, because the host is refused. When
I connect to port 995 and Opera (with TLS enabled) tries to authenticate,
I get an error saying Wrong Username, and that TLS is required to log in.
Did something change with the usernames? I'm using the usual name I have,
which is arcfide. Additionally, if it's a TLS problem, what's going on?

--
Aaron Hsu <aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net>
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he