[HCoop-Discuss] Services Up on the New Servers?

Aaron Hsu aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net
Mon May 28 22:38:16 EDT 2007

On Sat, 26 May 2007 02:25:08 +0800, Adam Megacz <megacz at hcoop.net> wrote:

> Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:
>> While we may have many services up, I think the idea is to test them in
>> stages.  I think megacz is managing the progression through those
>> stages, and we've only reached log-in and e-mail so far.  (That is,
>> nothing related to members' own domains.)
>
> I've pretty much reached the end of the stages I want to push through.
> We have ssh, afs, mail (smtp/pop/imap), and http (apache) all working
> smoothly.  All remaining issues are domtool issues.
>
> Aaron, have you requested a mire account yet?  If not, please do so
> (see my email a few weeks ago on how to do that).

I have set up an account, and I have been able to log in successfully via
SSH. However, I am having a few problems understand or knowing how to
access or use the other services. In the e-mail sent out a while back, I
received instructions on how to configure AFS, but not on the usage of
mail and http. Specifically, how to get POP3 mail from the new servers.
And since all my http services are hosted on domains, I'll just wait until
the domtool issues are fixed to start testing those.

--
Aaron Hsu <aaron.hsu at sacrificumdeo.net>
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he