[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Misc] name of new host

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu May 17 20:43:09 EDT 2007

Terrence Brannon wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Nathan Kennedy <ntk at hcoop.net> wrote:
>
>>> Was there deliberation on the name for our new server?
>>>
>> If you care to donate another server for the co-op's use, you can feel
>> free to name it as you please.  This issue was addressed long ago.
>>

> How was it addressed? You didn't answer my question. And, the naming
> of fyodor was open to vote.

We had consensus on this list that the people donating hardware would be
allowed to name it.  Only ray declined to do so, and ntk assigned his
machine the name 'mire' based on a stand-out word from ray's e-mail that
offered to donate the server.  I have a feeling that no majority of
members dislikes any of the names enough now to want to bring on the
disruption that comes from changing the hostname of an already-deployed
UNIX machine.

Any attempt by you, Terry, to try to sell this to the membership as a
"political scandal" will only be met by laughter from me.