[HCoop-Discuss] Reminder: Upcoming board elections and nomination deadline

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Tue Mar 27 22:15:34 EDT 2007

The only way to postpone the election would be to revise the bylaws
through the normal procedure (which any member can initiate), but in my
opinion this would be more of a distraction than simply holding the
election as scheduled.

By our bylaws it's my legal duty as secretary to hold elections.  It is
debatable that I could have moved the elections back a month earlier, but
the bylaws are clear that elections must be held prior to the end of our
terms.

As I mentioned previously I do think we should change the bylaws in the
future to make most (or all) of the board terms longer, as well as add a
couple seats, but again this is not something I think can or should
reasonably be done this close to elections and with everything else going
on.  Maybe in a few months.

-ntk