[HCoop-Discuss] SMTP server authentication

Dmitriy Morozov foxcub at hcoop.net
Sun Mar 25 16:47:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

Can anybody shed any light for me on why won't the SMTP server "query
you for a username and password by default" as it says in the
UsingEmail entry on the wiki? It seems to create some pain: I'm not
able to configure The Bat to use the SMTP server, and the only reason
I can figure out is this property (The Bat has support for TLS and
STARTTLS for both POP3 and SMTP). At the same time I don't actually
see what it accomplishes. Could somebody, please, enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.
Dmitriy