[HCoop-Discuss] I no longer can make automated backups

Eric Hanchrow offby1 at blarg.net
Thu Jun 28 20:05:10 EDT 2007

Soon after I joined hcoop, I started to use fyodor as a remote backup
site: I had a cron job that, early every morning, would rsync stuff
from my home machine to fyodor.  That worked fine for a long time.
But recently such rsyncs have started failing, complaining that a
"disk quota has been exceeded".  I don't know how to work around this.
I've tried backing up to mire instead of fyodor, since I'm pretty sure
that fyodor's days are numbered, but I don't know how to do that in an
automated fashion, since mire uses kerberos authentication whereas I
only know how to use ssh authentication.

I would like either the disk quota to go away, or be increased, so
that my present unattended backup scheme continues to work; or else
I'd like clear instructions that tell me some other way that I can
accomplish my goal (namely: unattended backups of my stuff onto some
server at hcoop).

Note that people on IRC have suggested that I investigate a program
called "k5start", which I have done, but I can't figure out how to use
it to solve my problem.

Thanks
--
When a cryptographer and a symbologist get together, it
usually ends in tears.