[HCoop-Discuss] Spam Assassin Problems

chrisb at hcoop.net chrisb at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 12 19:41:08 EDT 2007

On 12 Jun 2007, Michael Potter <mpotter at hcoop.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:33:00PM -0400, John T. Settino wrote:
> > I'm not sure about our other users, but regardless of "faster
> > hardware",  my inbox is still being flooded with hundreds of junk emails
> > a day. I'm sure I've already lost some important ones in the fray.
>
> I´ve seen a few more spam messages than usual, but it´s better here
> than I´ve experienced at other sites. I don´t think I´ve ever gotten
> hundreds of messages a day, but I have seen an amplification effect
> when a dozen or more email addresses all point to a single
> account. That wouldn´t have much to do with spamd, though.

I'm with John.  I have a heavy spam load and mail is nearly
useless without a functioning filter.

It doesn't feel like a coop when an urgent problem that many
members might be qualified to troubleshoot sits unattended with
no one responsible.

Thanks to docelic who fixed it by restarting the spamd process.

But that's all it took.