[HCoop-Discuss] useful reading

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Tue Jun 5 17:57:47 EDT 2007

Besides bandwidth & disk space, memory and CPU-slices are also resources,
which are used by those who run daemons, busy dynamic websites, or even
"heavily exercise" IMAP, etc.

All these are things that cause us to outgrow servers, in addition to
bandwidth and diskspace, and in fact I think were dominant in us straining
fyodor.

I think it makes a lot of sense to measure usage and bill much heavier
users more, at some point.  Any scheme will be arbitrary at some level,
since there are an infinite number of ways to split costs according to
any, all, or none of these metrics.  Right now we're choosing to bill
evenly regardless of utilization.

-ntk