[HCoop-Discuss] Revised answers to interview questions

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun Feb 25 11:35:45 EST 2007

j.c.hallgren at juno.com wrote:
> One minor point: In this reply, "*he *should follow the directions" is
> not gender neutral, so "they" or "he/she" would be better, as we don't
> want to say that we are a male only outfit, right?

This is another contentious issue that has come up before on this list.
There are people who will write you off for using "he" as the
gender-neutral singular pronoun, and there are people who will write you
off for using "they" or "he/she."  I propose to avoid the issue again by
rewording the paragraph in question from:

> First, that all of the answers I've given here should be findable on our
> web site/wiki by interested potential members.  If anyone has any
> questions left after poking around starting at http://hcoop.net/ , *he
> *should follow the directions in our prospective member FAQ there for
> letting us know, so that we can include answers for future visitors'
> benefit!

to: