[HCoop-Discuss] HCoop and Ping! Magazine Article

Aaron Hsu arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Sat Feb 24 00:00:04 EST 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 6:41 PM, Adam Chlipala wrote:

> I think our member support quality is significantly better than the
> average mainstream provider's.  The secret ingredient here is letting
> members (even those who haven't volunteered for particular admin
> roles)
> support other members.  This happens through our IRC channel, mailing
> lists, and member support web portal.  The portal allows any member to
> "subscribe" to any category of support requests, giving him the chance
> to read requests for help from others and suggest solutions.

I think another point that should be added regarding Quality of
Service is the actual service provided. HCoop hosting gives any given
member a degree of flexibility with their service that is (from what
I can tell) completely unmatched for the price. Basically, as a
member I am receiving support and development efforts from various
contributers, which means that I am not left maintaining my own
server and Operating System. The only other service I find that comes
close to this VPS hosting. However, with the more affordable VPS's, I
have to do a large part of the maintenance on my own, and there is
very little help from anyone else. With this coop we are able to help
each other with services and solutions to problems; these are often
problems that would be either expensive or impossible to solve given
a more traditional hosting company.

--
Aaron Hsu
misc at sacrificumdeo.net