[HCoop-Discuss] HCoop and Ping! Magazine Article

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Fri Feb 23 23:01:13 EST 2007

"Christopher D. Clausen" <cclausen at hcoop.net> writes:

> j.c.hallgren at juno.com wrote:
>> Coming from the "square peg in a round hole" guy, I didn't see any
>> reference to how you may in future handle more people like me...you
>> know, the Windows user who knows just a teeeny bit of Unix...but yet
>> is really quite satisfied with the service and support that I've
>> received from Hcoop!
>
> I'm a Windows user.  I'd love to see a Windows Terminal Server setup for
> everyone, but the inital costs as well as the per-user license fees are
> a hindrance long-term.
>
> Ideally, there would eventualy be AIX and Solaris machines as well.
> Using Linux all the time ruins people.  They get used to the inferior
> OS.

OpenSolaris perhaps, but I'm pretty sure you're one of the very few
coop members who supports the use of non-free software.

Cooperative software for a cooperative hosting service.

I also take it you've never had the pain of using AIX if you think
GNU/Linux is inferior. 'Tis best not to spout off on things you know
nothing about in the prescence of those of us who had to suffer
through them. YFI, HAND (troll rating: 1/10).

--
And did those feet in ancient times
Walk bare upon these lonely streets like mine?