[HCoop-Discuss] IRS response etc.

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Feb 15 10:12:26 EST 2007

I got through to the IRS Exempt Organizations line today at 9:30.  They
told me that the ordinary filing requirements apply and that given that
our receipts are less than $25,000 we do NOT need to file, and that the
"Form 990 Required" on our letter of determination was contingent on this,
and unless we were to receive an inquiry from the IRS we don't need to
worry about it.

Given that filing is optional, we should not file, since it would invite
further scrutiny and burden us with preparing a complete and accurate
return.

As long as our annual receipts remain less than $25,000, we need not file
a form 990.  The only annual return we need to file is with Pennsylvania
listing new officers if they have changed within the year.

I also called Myer & Myer again.  Their accountants are still "on the
phone" and they will supposedly call me back.