[HCoop-Discuss] Joining Cernio

Franklin Gordon Bynum frank at hcoop.net
Sat Dec 29 14:35:01 EST 2007

On Sat, December 29, 2007 10:55 am, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> I'm thinking ATM that HCoop should join Cernio (http://www.cernio.com/)
> and get a virtual private server there, for backup DNS and e-mail and
> remote monitoring of our main servers.

I agree wholeheartedly.  As service improvements go, this is getting a lot
of bang for our buck.  And it's cooperating with another coop!

> From frank's helpful description of the legal issues on hcoop-sysadmin,
> it sounds like we would want to appoint an HCoop liaison to Cernio.
> This person would subscribe to the relevant Cernio mailing lists and be
> responsible for keeping HCoopers informed of relevant Cernio goings-on
> and vice versa.

I can be the Cernio liaison, but would be happy to let someone else do it
(for those responding later).  I assume that I'd be on the equivalent of
hcoop-discuss for Cernio and not hcoop-sysadmin?