[HCoop-Discuss] Regarding https

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Thu Dec 27 07:01:05 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 05:26:33PM +0530, Tanveer Singh wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007 8:10 AM, Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:
> > Davor Ocelic wrote:
> > > You can use https over a "common thing". Take look at
> > > examples on the Wiki for mwolson.org and spinlocksolutions.com.
> > > They both manage to have https over a non-private IP.
> > >

> > The availability of examples is no cure for a manual section that is
> > missing a description of an option.  Would someone who's down with how
> > this solution works please update the appropriate subpage of MemberManual?
> >
> Hi, Sorry to trouble you again, but I can't make out head or tail from
> the examples.
> I just want that apart from accessing http://www.ihro.in, I should see
> the same page at https://www.ihro.in
> That site uses a subdomain called secure.

Well yes, and you will not use 'secure', you will just
re-use the name www.ihro.in (or ihro.in if you use serverAliasDefault).

The domtool thing maps pretty well onto Apache. So if you know that
Apache definition for a vhost on port 80 does not clash with a
vhost on 443 (ssl), that is - that you can re-define names such
as www.ihro.in, then you're set.

Let me know if you need more help besides this clarification.

Cya,
-doc