[HCoop-Discuss] DNS issues

Jeff Basham jeff at jeffbasham.com
Wed Dec 19 17:53:29 EST 2007

Hi Frank and Everyone,
I am sorry for the forthrightness of my previous emails, but I am brand new
member of the co-op, and along with a friend who just joined, we've
experienced what I assume to be very rare circumstances in the IRC Co-Op
chat room and on this list.  If what you say is right, then I guess I was a
little heavy handed, and what happened in the chat room is very rare, also.

I will not be so quick to jump to conclusions in the future - but what
happened today was out of pure frustration that there was advice given with
an official tone that was clearly not correct (as has been said here several
times since), and that it felt like one person was answering a question with
a wrong answer, rather than researching the right answer.  Every domain on
the net requires two name servers, and by telling us that we should only use
1 name server (and that the co-op only provides 1) was confusing and
frustrating.

I do tech support for a living, and there is nothing that annoys me more
than a co-worker, or collegue giving someone wrong information, only to have
them call me later and tell me "but so and so said it would work."

My best to you all.

Jeff

Jeff Basham
jeff at jeffbasham.com