[HCoop-Discuss] why aren't we [admins] letting users log in? (was Re: Ruffled kerfuffle)

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Mon Apr 30 22:23:34 EDT 2007

Adam Megacz wrote:
> Look, I'll keep this simple: AFS+Kerberos is up and working and ready
> to support user storage and ssh logins to mire.  Right now.  Period.
>
> The people who are complaining about the current delay being due to
> AFS are the exact same people who are stonewalling my request to open
> those accounts.
>
> Does anybody notice a coincidence here?
>
>   - a

I think we should either let users log in or have admins start
processing the list of users to migrate immediately and in bulk.  I had
no opinion earlier while there was clearly a long way to go, but now it
seems like most things already work.  We'd need to put together a
migration howto for less technical users, but I'm more or less with
Megacz on this.  Let's get this show on the road.