[HCoop-Discuss] delays (was: Financial situation)

Terrence Brannon metaperl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:31:52 EDT 2007

On 4/28/07, Adam Megacz <megacz at hcoop.net> wrote:
>  Apache is up to its ears in code and design
> choices based on the assumption that "local root" is utterly
> omnipotent.  Getting around that assumption is not easy.

What I am suggesting is that how we work to experiment with getting
around it is the issue. I see no reason why development subdomains and
a fake user list could not be used to experiment with this issue on
our local setup.

OR

Migrate maintaining our current working setup. And then do the things
you suggest on a person-by-person basis on a dev/sandbox environment
until it works.

In a way, we should move now to cut our costs. Whoever is complaining
about the co-op's setup is deaf to me: my site works and many others
do. If they want to bear the expense and time and risk of new and
better things, that is their problem and is best handled in a gradual
way.

I am basically requesting that this expensive project for new and
better be done incrementally in the background immediately... that is
my stance.