[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Apr 30 12:15:09 EDT 2007

Franklin Gordon Bynum wrote:
> On 04/30/2007 12:02:46 AM, j.c.hallgren at juno.com wrote:
>
>> As far as I'm concerned, I AM looking at this as a business, and the
>> fact that it's a coop is a minor detail...
>>

> It doesn't matter how you look at it.  It's a co-op, not a business
> selling you a service. You can keep telling yourself that it's a
> business, but that won't change anything.

It's probably worth reminding everyone that we have a good number of
members who joined before we had any formal legal structure, J.C.
Hallgren among them.  He didn't sign up as a member of a co-op.  He did
have the option to leave when we became one in the eyes of the law, but
let's not be unrealistic in our expectations of how inertia leads people
to keep doing what they've _been_ doing.