[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation polls?

Justin S. Leitgeb leitgebj at hcoop.net
Mon Apr 30 11:52:13 EDT 2007

Adam Chlipala wrote:
> Nathan Kennedy wrote:
>
>> I think that we should bill out this $46 over the
>> next 6 months, less magnanimous contributions.
>>

> I would rather get everything squared away ASAP, billing all of that at
> once.  It will be nice to know that it's all taken care of, and the only
> serious difference is based on the number of new members we expect over
> 6 months, which probably won't be all that many.

I was thinking about something between these two proposals e.g. allowing
the debt to be paid out over about 3 months.  If this is tough to decide
on, how about a poll to gather member input?  It could be as simple as,
"Do you think that the HCoop debt of $5000 (a cost of about $46 per
member) should be distributed over the course of: "

a) one month
b) two months
c) three months, etc.

Another question could be: what is the least amount of monthly payments
in which you would be able to afford this extra cost?

Asking these questions on a poll might help us to gain information that
would reduce distributing costs that some may not be able to afford, and
should help to make some members feel more included in the process
during a time when tough decisions have to be made.