[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Franklin Gordon Bynum frank at hcoop.net
Sun Apr 29 16:19:48 EDT 2007

On 04/29/2007 09:40:57 AM, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> With the sum that's there now, divided evenly, it would be $44.42 per
> member.  Using the pledge amounts on the portal, it's minimum $24.50
> per member.

This is more than fair, especially given the massive upgrade in service
we're about to undergo.

> Should I post to hcoop-announce to see who isn't willing to pay his
> pledge-based share of that total, and we can try charging everyone
> for the back-charges at pledge rates and arrange special
> subsidization for people who "can't afford" their calculated shares?

Sounds good to me.  Hopefully people can up their balances by the end
of this week; an Hcoop-Announce message should go out soon if we can't
make bills this month.  As we prepare for an above-averge influx of
money to the coop, I lament the $0.30 plus about 3% we lose to Paypal,
but there's nothing we can do about that now. :/

> Feature base and reliability matter more, for instance.

FWIW, I agree.  Most important to me personally is community ownership
and control, but these two are very important.

frank