[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Sun Apr 29 03:39:36 EDT 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 02:21:17PM -0400, Nathan Kennedy wrote:
> The answer to this is very simple.  Split monthly charges among members
> as they accrue, and bill out the back charges among all members over the
> next few months.  All members are willing members, because nobody is
> being held a member against their will.

This is a straightforward solution and will maintain the equality of
the group. What is the bottom line, the cost-per-member, for doing it?

I've been uneasy about the push for rapid expansion because such
growth can quickly destabilize an organization, especially a
cooperative one. It also appears to be costing quite a lot.

Isn't this a consumer co-op which exists to provide cost-effective
resources to its members?

--
Michael Potter
mpotter at hcoop.net