[HCoop-Discuss] Openness of mailing lists

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 28 19:53:28 EDT 2007

Nathan Kennedy wrote:
> Ultimately, I don't care if it's hcoop-sysadmin or a new list, but I
> think it is important that we have a semi-private way for members to
> communicate.

I definitely echo Aaron's reasons for wanting all lists to be public.
How about creating a hcoop-private list that is "invitation only" and
would be approximately just board members and people in particular
volunteer roles?

It seems like docelic is the only person left with any objections to
using a completely open hcoop-sysadmin for messages that don't fit into
one of ntk's problem areas (discussing security vulnerabilities and
discussing negotiations with upstream providers).  Or maybe I've lost
touch with his real feelings there.  I just know that docelic recently
sent a message to a manual list of recipients that just listed some bugs
he had found in the stuff set up on the new systems.  I asked him to
re-send it to hcoop-sysadmin, and I've interpreted his lack of reply to
that as a message that he disagrees but doesn't want to argue about it.
However, since I think we have some people who view transparency of all
admin processes as important, I think this issue deserves an explicit
discussion.

So, docelic, would you be OK with my creating a hcoop-private list to be
used ONLY for messages falling into the categories that ntk discussed,
and using hcoop-sysadmin for any other admin-related messages?