[HCoop-Discuss] Financial situation

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 28 14:33:28 EDT 2007

Dmitriy Morozov wrote:
> P.S. I do realize that above logic suggests that I should throw a few
> hundred dollars into my account as well, but unfortunately I cannot
> afford to do that at the moment.

See, this is why I have suggested uneven sharing of costs.  I and a
significant fraction of the other members _can_ afford to do this, and
the money means proportionately "less" to us than to people with lower
incomes.  We have some members now who have clearly stated that they
will leave if faced with monthly charges as large as they would have
been if we had billed for Xiolink + InterServer + Peer 1 + set-up costs
from the start.

Anyone who has to stop and think if he can afford contributing any money
above the average shouldn't be contributing in that way.  But those of
us who can easily afford to do so know who we are....