[HCoop-Discuss] Jabber Server

Björn Lindström bkhl at hcoop.net
Mon Apr 16 07:30:45 EDT 2007

"Aaron Hsu" <arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net>:

> I wanted to get general feedback from everyone on what they thought of the
> current Jabber Setup. Has anyone had any unresolved issues or wishes on
> the Jabber Server? I know that the last time I used it I was having some
> trouble with the server and other people being able to see me logged in.
> Since it only happened with select people, it appeared that we were not
> going to solve the problem very quickly. However, with the advent of these
> new servers, I have renewed hopes that I will be able to have a fully
> functional Jabber server to use with my Hcoop name.

It all seems to work fine for me.

My only wishlist item would be to look into enabling people to use
their own domains for Jabber addresses. For instance I would like to
use bkhl at elektrubadur.se, which would let me squash together the
Jabber and MSN field in signatures and such where I list those means
of contact.

It might also be nice for people that might want to give out Jabber
accounts for friends and associates under their own domains.