[HCoop-Discuss] Next-generation Domtool

Terrence Brannon metaperl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 10:50:51 EDT 2006

How can I create data with this new tool that is available for all domains?
Some things we do in each domain is really shared data. The most ubiquitous
of which is a domain root.

For instance, all but one domain I serve  exists in
~/domains

Therefore in my domtool2 specs for any domain, I would like something like:

class MyDomains(domTool2.domains):
  domain_root = $ENV{HOME} + "domains"

and it would be neat for instances of MyDomain to create directory
structures for my new domains. The directory structure in /etc/ is made for
me, but I have to create a parallel one in my home directory. E.g:

domain = MyDomains("www.faq-attack.com")
# create ~/domains/com/faq-attack/www
# successful execution returns a doc_root path string
domain.doc_root = domain.build_off_domain_root
domain.commit() # commit to vhosts.conf and reload apache

Just brainstormin, dont mind me.