[HCoop-Discuss] Proposal to make Wiki frontpage read-only

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Oct 26 02:58:36 EDT 2006

Björn Lindström wrote:
> Michael Olson <mwolson at hcoop.net>:
>

>> Going this far, I am against. Anonymous posters could still
>> contribute useful technical information to our wiki, such as sample
>> configurations for software.
>>

> Are there any examples of this actually happening?

I doubt it.  There are a lot of anonymous edits, but that's because most
members haven't logged in (or even created accounts).  I forget
sometimes too.  I don't know why anyone who isn't interested in HCoop
enough to take 90 seconds to create an account would be interested
enough in the wiki to edit it anyway.

For the time being, protecting the front page only (and also NewMembers
!! This is even more important than the front page)  in this way would
be fine, but we should keep an eye on the wiki to make sure there isn't
spam or malicious editing going on.