[HCoop-Discuss] Proposal to make Wiki frontpage read-only

Michael Olson mwolson at hcoop.net
Wed Oct 25 21:41:45 EDT 2006

Nathan Kennedy <ntk at hcoop.net> writes:

> Honestly I think making logging in necessary for any editing at all
> would be a good idea.  This is an HCoop wiki after all, previously
> the wiki was actually password protected.  There are some benefits
> (and downsides) to making it public-readable, but it would be good
> to keep track of who is editing our wiki.

Going this far, I am against.  Anonymous posters could still
contribute useful technical information to our wiki, such as sample
configurations for software.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net