[HCoop-Discuss] Proposal to make Wiki frontpage read-only

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Wed Oct 25 13:40:10 EDT 2006

rob at hcoop.net wrote:
>> I propose that we make the FrontPage of our wiki writable only to
>> members, and not to anonymous users.  The frontpage is the most
>> embarrassing place to find spam, and it is also the place that is
>> least useful for anonymous posters to modify.
>>

> I think this is a good idea.  I don't see any real downsides to this.  It
> just means members need to do one extra step (logining in) to edit the
> frontpage.

Honestly I think making logging in necessary for any editing at all
would be a good idea.  This is an HCoop wiki after all, previously the
wiki was actually password protected.  There are some benefits (and
downsides) to making it public-readable, but it would be good to keep
track of who is editing our wiki.