[HCoop-Discuss] .coop tld?

David W. Bettis dwb at hcoop.net
Sun Oct 15 17:38:51 EDT 2006

When we get our new server setup, having hosting.coop might increase our
visibility.  I've been using "hcoop.net" as the domain for my email
address, and when I write it down for people, most of them say "what?  h
coop?" (as in a bird coop).  Hosting.coop would stick in people's minds
better.  Moreover, what if -another- hosting.coop comes along?  That
would be confusing.

Since we have more members now, it wouldn't be quite as painful to cough
up $100/yr.  That's what, $1 or $2 extra per member per year?