[HCoop-Discuss] EnvironmentalPolicy

David W. Bettis dwb at hcoop.net
Wed Nov 29 23:19:29 EST 2006

ntk at hcoop.net wrote:
>>> I am saying at a minimum baseline, social responsibility demands that
>>> the
>>> power we are directly purchasing for our operations be as clean as is
>>> _*practical*_.
>>>
>> It only demands what the coop decides it does.  I'm fine with the
>> current proposal, although I would prefer that we buy clean energy and
>> *actually use it*.  Don't some states actually let you choose what
>> source you buy power from?
>>

> Dude, are you reading my emails?  We have no control whatsoever over what
> source we buy power from, because that is up to Peer1.  Power is part of
> our bundle of services in our colocation agreement.

This is my last post on the matter.  We're paying for carbon credits for
a product we're not even purchasing ourselves, and I think it's
ridiculous.  Reasonable people can disagree about the scope of
"environmental responsibility," and the extent to which the coop
supports this.  I firmly oppose encoding support of carbon trading as
coop policy.

Thanks,
Dave.