[HCoop-Discuss] EnvironmentalPolicy

Aaron Hsu arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Tue Nov 28 21:13:00 EST 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 6:48 PM, Nathan Kennedy wrote:

> I had previously discussed environmental policy here and in #hcoop and
> got some positive feedback, but Adam wanted me to bring it up on the
> list again before we act on it.
>
> The immediate action I want to take is to have HCoop buy wind energy
> credits from NativeEnergy to offset its electricity consumption at
> Peer1.  At our current level the 5000 megawatt per annum level at $4
> per month would suffice.  I previously pledged to donate the first
> year's worth of credits to the co-op, so this will not cost members
> for a year, and thereafter it should continue to cost well under $0.05
> per month per member.

After discussing this a little on IRC, I believe it would be a fair
deal to go ahead with this, having Nathan handle the initial year;
this ought to give all the members more than adequate time to
determine the qualifications of this organization, and express any
complaints should they arise. As such, I have no current objections
to this.

--
Aaron Hsu
misc at sacrificumdeo.net